Why your support is needed
On August 20, 2012, The Community House (TCH) was featured in the Detroit News for its exercise and nutrition outreach program iCountTM/KidsCount (iCount) for at-risk youth. Through the iCount Program, 233 young people learned how to improve their lives by making healthier decisions. The iCount Program is a life changing program, but don’t take our words for it, here is what 13 year old Tiffany Stockman had to say, “In the long run, it will be very helpful so I can learn how to keep myself healthy. Maybe I can live longer than if I hadn’t learned what I did.”
If Tiffany’s change in perspective isn’t enough, consider this; over the course of the 10 week program, the iCounters, (as we like to call them) took a total of 32,891,933 steps. That equals a total distance of 15,427 miles. That’s more than half way around the equator! That’s one productive way to spend your summer.
If Tiffany’s story is not enough reason to give, remember that for 89 years, TCH has been serving the community by teaching, connecting and helping others through educational, cultural and wellness programs and scholarships.
We are not affiliated with the City of Birmingham. We receive no tax dollars from federal, state or local governments. Your charitable gift helps close the gap between our operations and the affordable registration fees we collect to provide high quality programs, classes, rental space and catering. Your support enables us to maintain our facilities and to expand our scholarship programs.
It is with profound gratitude to our donors who make many programs possible that we ask for your support in helping us continue to make The Community House a resource for people of all ages, religions, ethnicities, and economic circumstances. Your giving is critical in helping TCH “create more vibrant lives” for children, adults and families in the tri-county area.
There are many ways to support The Community House:
- Annual Gifts provide immediately available support that is vital for the success of TCH.
- Corporate Gifts provide companies with the ability to support TCH through an outright gift or sponsorship of one of TCH’s many wonderful community events.
- Planned Giving allows a donor to achieve their philanthropic goals through charitable giving strategies incorporated into your estate plans.
- You can increase your gift to TCH by making use of your company’s matching gift program.
- Memorial and Tribute Gifts provide meaningful support for TCH while allowing you to celebrate people and events that mean so much to you. To learn more about the Miller Tribute Terrace and how to purchase a paver, please click here.
- Gifts of publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value allow you to avoid capital gains taxes while also receiving a tax deduction for your gift.
There are so many ways to stay engaged with TCH. For more information on how you can support TCH, please call 248-644-5832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community House has 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt status; our federal tax ID number is 38-1256004.