Facilities & Grounds Associate (Part Time)
The Community House is currently accepting applications for a qualified Part Time Facilities & Grounds Associate. The Associate is scheduled Monday – Friday 7:30am-Noon.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Walks through the inside and outside of The Community House routinely to check that the overall appearance of the building and grounds is good; reports problems to the Director of Facilities Management.
- Responsible for reporting mechanical problems in all areas of the building to the Director of Facilities Management
- Operates heating and cooling systems and special floor maintenance equipment (thermostats, temperature control, vacuum, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Maintains equipment in operating condition; reports malfunctions and possible hazards to the Director of Facilities Management.
- Inventories, orders and maintains facility maintenance supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Delivers items to and from off-site storage; keeps off-site storage area clean and organized with assistance from other department staff.
- Interacts with vendors in regard to supplies, equipment repairs, and electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling issues.
- Maintains lighting and replaces bulbs as required.
- Maintains the Hedrick Garden, the Van Dusen Terrace, the Miller Tribute Terrace and shed.
- Maintains grounds as required by seasonal changes. This includes watering and keeping sidewalks clean and clear of snow and debris.
- Performs shared duties with others as assigned.
A qualified applicant will have past experience in facilities and grounds management, with custodial training. Additional skills such as carpentry, painting or mechanical are preferred. Interested/qualified applicants should forward their resumes and hourly salary requirements to email@example.com
The Community House is regularly searching for experienced Dance Instructors for the TCH Dance Academy onsite and expanding offsite dance program. We are looking for responsible instructors to teach Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Mommy & Me, Creative Movement at all levels for children and adults.
Classes are taught evenings after 4:00pm. Day and weekend classes are available in academic year program that begins in September.
The ideal instructor will be able to:
- Plan and teach lessons along with choreograph routines for performances
- Communicate in a timely manner via email or phone
- Provide a positive atmosphere
- Maintain good classroom control
- Take attendance
- Hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules
- This person will also be responsible for onsite communication with TCH staff and relaying information back to the supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A dance background is preferred; with training in various levels and styles of dance from beginning to advanced
- This is a seasonal position
- Must be at least 18 years old
- BFA in Dance preferred
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experience
TCH Dance Academy is located in the lower level of The Community House.
Banquet Servers – Casual (as needed)
TCH is currently seeking casually scheduled banquet servers. The banquet server is responsible for setting tables, serving food, busing tables, preparing serving materials and other misc. tasks. Prior serving experience in a restaurant or catering facility required.
HOW TO APPLY
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit The Community House and complete an application in person
- Fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at 248.644.2476
- Mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to The Community House
380 S. Bates Street, Birmingham, MI 48009
The Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer