Preschool Room – Head Teacher
The Community House is currently accepting applications for the role of Head Teacher in our Preschool. The Head Teacher is Responsible for supervising and coordinating teachers and assistant teachers in implementing a High/Scope curriculum in accordance with the philosophy of the Early Childhood Center and licensing regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
•Ensures a daily well-planned environment with appropriate materials which stimulate children’s interest and involvement.
- •Oversees/Facilitates Preschool staff, ensuring they are implementing the curriculum.
- Facilitates children’s play and learning in a non-directive, positive, flexible manner; knows when and how to step in to promote cognitive and social growth.
- Gears the program to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interest, handicaps, special talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Gears expectations and responses to the various developmental levels of the children in the classroom.
- Works with the Director and staff of the ECC in planning the school year’s curriculum; problem solving in the classroom, purchasing equipment and supplies, coordinating parent/teacher conferences and in ongoing evaluation procedures pertaining to the program, children, parents, and staff.
- Assists in the Preschool staffs annual reviews.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A qualified applicant will poses a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, at least 3 years of experience as a lead teacher in a classroom and experience with High/Scope curriculum.
The Community House is regularly searching for experienced Dance Instructors for the TCH Dance Academy onsite and expanding offsite dance program. We are looking for responsible instructors to teach Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Mommy & Me, Creative Movement at all levels for children and adults.
Classes are taught evenings after 4:00pm. Day and weekend classes are available in academic year program that begins in September.
The ideal instructor will be able to:
- Plan and teach lessons along with choreograph routines for performances
- Communicate in a timely manner via email or phone
- Provide a positive atmosphere
- Maintain good classroom control
- Take attendance
- Hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules
- This person will also be responsible for onsite communication with TCH staff and relaying information back to the supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A dance background is preferred; with training in various levels and styles of dance from beginning to advanced
- This is a seasonal position
- Must be at least 18 years old
- BFA in Dance preferred
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experience
TCH Dance Academy is located in the lower level of The Community House.
Banquet Servers – Casual (as needed)
TCH is currently seeking casually scheduled banquet servers. The banquet server is responsible for setting tables, serving food, busing tables, preparing serving materials and other misc. tasks. Prior serving experience in a restaurant or catering facility required.
HOW TO APPLY
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
- Visit The Community House and complete an application in person
- Fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at 248.644.2476
- Mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to The Community House
380 S. Bates Street, Birmingham, MI 48009
The Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer