Jobs at TCH
Responsible for overseeing banquet and catering events and functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the proper execution of all Banquet & Catering events by:
- Checking contracts for quantity, location, type of food, confirmation of time.
- Following up on any and all changes or directions.
- Responsible for banquet and table set ups, serving food and beverage and removing used tableware.
- Sets table with properly polished silverware, clean china, spotless glassware, properly folded napkins, and cleaned and filled condiments.
- Sets buffet table including polishing chaffers and utensils; uses decorations to increase eye appeal.
- Complies with Community House banquet standards.
- Responds to guest requests courteously and efficiently.
- Delivers food and beverage in a timely manner following a sequence of service.
- Opens and closes banquet offices as assigned.
- Reviews and completes BEO invoices at the end of every shift.
- Completes a Captain Report for every event.
- Completes beverage consumption reports.
- Brings major customer complaints to the attention of the Food & Beverage Director.
- Complies with all health department regulations.
- Takes proper care of all supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to all Community House policies; checks posted work schedule daily.
- Performs pre-function and post-function duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Director.
- Responsible for the food and beverage recovery system and cost control.
- Adheres to Community House Policy standard in regard to uniform and grooming.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports broken or nonfunctioning equipment to the Food & Beverage Director.
- Participates in the “big 4 inventories” as assigned.
- Attends department and general staff meetings.
- Complies with fire, safety and accident reporting policies.
- Oversees Banquet Servers assigned to specific event.
Education, Job Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Previous banquet and serving experience required.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Ability to express oneself verbally in an articulate and effective manner when communicating with staff, vendors, and guests.
- Good mathematical aptitude; takes money and makes change.
- Self-motivated; able to work with little supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Able to keep the necessary proprietary information confidential.
- Able to deal with difficult customers and to resolve their concerns.
Employee and Public Contact:
- Works closely with all members of the Banquet & Catering Department.
- Daily contact with guests attending events at The Community House.
- Works with all Community House staff members to promote the goals of The Community House.
- Job requires walking, standing, sitting, stooping and lifting over 25 pounds.
- Stands and walks for extended periods of time during various events.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Works a flexible work schedule.
- Works evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- May occasionally work holidays.
- May work off-site when working at catered events.
The Community House is regularly searching for experienced Dance Instructors for the TCH Dance Academy onsite and expanding offsite dance program. We are looking for responsible instructors to teach Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Mommy & Me, Creative Movement at all levels for children and adults.
Classes are taught evenings after 4:00pm. Day and weekend classes are available in academic year program that begins in September.
The ideal instructor will be able to:
- Plan and teach lessons along with choreograph routines for performances
- Communicate in a timely manner via email or phone
- Provide a positive atmosphere
- Maintain good classroom control
- Take attendance
- Hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules
- This person will also be responsible for onsite communication with TCH staff and relaying information back to the supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A dance background is preferred; with training in various levels and styles of dance from beginning to advanced
- This is a seasonal position
- Must be at least 18 years old
- BFA in Dance preferred
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experience
TCH Dance Academy is located in the lower level of The Community House.
Banquet Servers – Casual (as needed)
TCH is currently seeking casually scheduled banquet servers. The banquet server is responsible for setting tables, serving food, busing tables, preparing serving materials and other misc. tasks. Prior serving experience in a restaurant or catering facility required.
HOW TO APPLY
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
- Visit The Community House and complete an application in person
- Fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at 248.644.2476
- Mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to The Community House
380 S. Bates Street, Birmingham, MI 48009
The Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobs with our Corporate Partners
Stylist – Part Time
Marlee’s has openings for SALES driven candidates who possess a passion for providing memorable customer shopping experiences. Candidates should also be self motivated to build long term relationships through effective use of networking and clientelling. Candidates should be inherently friendly and outgoing, and exhibit professional behavior and conduct at all times with customers, supervisors, and co-workers. A passion for styling clients and a love for jewelry and accessories is a must! We are seeking candidates who are interested in part-time opportunities to earn great pay plus commission. Those interested in applying for a stylist position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tappers is an Equal Opportunity Employer