Jobs at TCH
Human Resources Director – Part Time
The Community House, Birmingham, MI is seeking a Part Time Human Resources Director who is responsible for developing, conducting, coordinating, and maintaining human resources and employee relations programs encompassing the areas of recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, employee database management, orientation, policy/procedure development, compensation and management development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local employment law by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating new requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, submitting required reports and advising management on necessary actions.
- Develops and administers benefit programs. Researches and implements benefit plans, prepares associated paperwork, conducts employee meetings, answers employee questions regarding benefits, and resolves issues that arise.
- Responds to EEOC complaints, unemployment claims and works with The Community House Legal Counsel as needed.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels by assisting supervisors with recruiting, orienting, evaluating and training of staff members.
- Develops, maintains and updates personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages the performance evaluation system.
- Administers the Earned Time Off (ETO) Program.
- Manages unemployment compensation issues; ensures the accuracy of unemployment benefits paid to employees; represents The Community House at unemployment hearings; and prepares managers to attend hearings.
- Provides coaching and counseling assistance to management on employee relations and disciplinary matters in order to ensure legal compliance and to promote a consistent progressive approach to dealing with performance and policy issues.
- As needed, evaluates local wage levels against competitors and makes appropriate recommendations for adjustment.
- Benchmarks best practices on various policies, procedures or programs with other organizations as needed.
- Completes and submits workers compensation claims and represents the company at WC hearings as necessary.
- Defines HR related management training needs; develops and delivers management training programs; develops training manual and support materials in conjunction with the offered programs.
- Develops and maintains current job descriptions for all positions at The Community House.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required experience: Human Resources: 3 years
Infant Room Teacher
TCH is currently seeking an Infant Room Teacher who is responsible for co-teaching alongside the Head Teacher and with other teachers. Together teachers are responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum using the High/Scope curriculum in accordance with the philosophy of the Early Childhood Center and licensing regulations.
Teachers will be responsible for assisting in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies, supervising the classroom throughout the day along with the Head Teacher and other teachers, completing daily reports and preparing assessments for children in their primary group and entering assessments into the computer using the COR program as well as other duties as assigned.
A qualified applicant will have a four year college degree preferred in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education with a ZA endorsement preferred. They must also have professional training in the field of Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development, experience working with young children and finally, possess a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others and able to relate well to children.
Required experience: Infant Teacher: 1 year
TCH is currently seeking substitute teachers to work in our Early Childhood Center. The Community House Early Childhood Center serves children from 6 weeks-5 years of age. The Center is open Monday-Friday from 7a.m-6 p.m.
Responsibilities: Provide assistance and support to all classrooms. Assume temporary responsibilities of a teacher in their absence. Have the willingness to care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers when needed. Ensure the health and safety of children at all times.
Qualifications: The candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in a child care center or early childhood setting. Candidates must have strong knowledge of early childhood development. We are seeking a candidate who is flexible, loving and nurturing.
The Community House is regularly searching for experienced Dance Instructors for the TCH Dance Academy onsite and expanding offsite dance program. We are looking for responsible instructors to teach Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Mommy & Me, Creative Movement at all levels for children and adults.
Classes are taught evenings after 4:00pm. Day and weekend classes are available in academic year program that begins in September.
The ideal instructor will be able to:
- Plan and teach lessons along with choreograph routines for performances
- Communicate in a timely manner via email or phone
- Provide a positive atmosphere
- Maintain good classroom control
- Take attendance
- Hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules
- This person will also be responsible for onsite communication with TCH staff and relaying information back to the supervisor.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A dance background is preferred; with training in various levels and styles of dance from beginning to advanced
- This is a seasonal position
- Must be at least 18 years old
- BFA in Dance preferred
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experience
TCH Dance Academy is located in the lower level of The Community House.
Banquet Servers – Casual (as needed)
TCH is currently seeking casually scheduled banquet servers. The banquet server is responsible for setting tables, serving food, busing tables, preparing serving materials and other misc. tasks. Prior serving experience in a restaurant or catering facility required.
HOW TO APPLY
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
- Visit The Community House and complete an application in person
- Fax your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at 248.644.2476
- Mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to The Community House
380 S. Bates Street, Birmingham, MI 48009
The Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer